Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Once again, God amazes me !

Spent an awesome day out today, though in the morning I committed a blur act of double-booking myself for lunch.

Both appointments were at Raffles Place, both at 12noon...So cannot blame me for my blurness.. When my ah kor smsed me "meet at polar puff" I was like uh-oh.. I thought I was meeting Marcus for lunch today..
After a frenzy of smsing, it came down to meeting ah kor and my hunk brother Jamesy for a quick coffee/teh-c at Raffles place with Marcus tsk tsk-ing me and agreeing to meet tomorrow..

Meeting with my " adopted" brothers was great.. They both look so grown up with their nice office shirts and pants. I reckon guys look good in formal stuff =)
James struck up the usual "so Ah mei, when are coming back to where you were born and raised??and so what if you're aussie PR? "
When I kindly explained I am weighing up the "signs" of the Lord's guidance he proudly pointed to himself, " your brother here is one more reason that you should come back, I've been praying to the big man, going to be a Christian any time soon.. "

WOW.. for one moment with what Ah kor had shared with me previously about James and how he had been sharing with James but I didn't expect James to be so confident about talking about praying and about God.
Apparently God had been very gracious to him this past year with work and relationships and he claimed that one of the biggest things that got him thinking was how my Ah kor had changed.. no longer a " me myself and I" dude but ascribing to the Lord the glory due unto Him.
Indeed it is not by what one says sometimes that impacts those closest to us but by one's lifestyle, what we know as life transformation. But he has yet to take that step of faith..

Shared with James about the meaning of faith

Hebrews11:1 " Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, of things not yet seen"

simply put, who needs faith if you need to see then you believe, that's what faith is, not seeing yet believing~! James was happy to finally understand what it meant.. Praying also for his search to reach that indisputable conclusion of " I need Christ in my life"

hehe.. after 5 years of prayer!! Well my 'brothers" abeit non blood related, I love them to bits.. were pple that God impressed on my heart to fast and pray for when I first came to know Jesus. Now ah kor is saved, water and holy spirit baptizedm, on-fire for God and James, Shel's next!

Indeed God's arm is not so short that it cannot reach them, funny thing is sceptical me thgt that Ah kor would be the last to believe since in my impression, he is a "self-made" man prototype.. but the Lord's ways are above ours and now he's sharing with James and also lead his current girlfriend to Christ!
This Saturday is beach volleyball days with the 3 brothers and their respective girlfriends.. I'm so excited!

Met Priscilla to go to little india to shop for Punjabi suits for the up and coming multi-cultural event in August. So tempted to buy a white one for myself too, who knows I may not be able to resist and go back to get one! Pris and I got two, one for Hammy and one for Fiona.. complete with bangles and bindis! hehe so fun..
I reckon I already have a kimono, a cheongsam, some morrocan suit my dear Lili sotong sister bought back for mum but kena rejected to choose from. Someone help me choose one!!
Michael asked me last night to host/MC for the event with Alex aka Mr Teapot... according to laughing gas, Mr and Mrs Teapot already have a matching Punjabi suit so I'm pondering whether to go with the whole indian theme or not... or shall I go Jap??

hehe... later.. Faith inspired once again

No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4