Sunday, July 03, 2005

Even in the Itty-bitty

This is like a diary...

I'm unoccupied and my two sisters are watching some Korean drama after I took them out for a feed at Thompson Plaza's Sushi place, do not eat the Jap curry thingy it tastes weirdly sour *bleh*

Today is the 2nd Sunday away from beloved Hope Sydney(not Sidney), missing my aussie family. Mr Inky-Doo (Hope Island Chieftain)told me on Friday that one week of my hols have gone by... that's fast!

Praise God for today! Woke up early to go to Hope Singapore to meet Tiger Ming and his sister (JunHui) for breakfast. Don't know where to park so blur blur parked at Yio Chu Kang MRT and took the MRT to Somerset though Mr Tiger told me to park at Holiday Inn (dunno where).

Breakfast:
First phenomenon of the day.. I've never seen someone eat and drink so fast, his sister readily nodded in agreement


Lift en route:
Met Sherry sunshine in the lift. Gave me a shock of my life who would whack me that hard! Yelped her name out! That girl .. what a pleasant surprise though.. a familiar face when missing Hope Sydney.


P&W:
They sang "Amazing Love", never heard that song live before besides hearing it on the Passion " One day" album for my own inner court worship... So excited that I flicked my novelty black & white ring somewhere and later forgot to look for it cos the CG was moving onward and outward to "starhub" ( which I later discovered that it wasn't that someone wanted to get some mobile thingy done but it was a sparkling new food court)


Announcements:
Reina (Hope Islander) passed out some nice cooking cds on rice ooooo.. hehe new inspiration for cooking back in Sydney..Thanks for ur generousity!
Growled at by Panthera tigris corbetti for not paying attention.. stuffed them quickly into my crumpler as he growled at Elaine(Head Chieftain) and the rest of the food enamoured.

"Borrowed" a later subdued tigris corbettis's bulletin cos I thought I had one the previous week so this week don't need already ( also stolen from Mr Tigris last week) cos I didn't know that there was a new bulletin out each week.. hehe paiseh to have ruined ur perfect bulletin collection..

Message:

Pastor Ben " God provides to the generous to raise their standard of 'giving' not 'living'. "

Bowled away by the testimony that was given about the BIGNESS of the heart of Hope Christians! wow.. must learn must learn.. to give more... since when can one give enough? One can never outgive God =)
Good stuff... Maybe that's why I got a 3rd job demonstrating in Sydney Uni lab classes, I'll be able to cook & feed more people 2nd semester.. To put a 8.8L pot to good use (thanks Vineyard and Cornerstone!... Please Alex & Caroline no more TYB... *scarred*)

Also wanna use the $$ to support Koorong's (aust christian bookstore) economy, I need to remember all my girls' birthdays, no more belated stuff; inspired to prepare prior! hehe who dares venture with me?!?! Where's Candra Khurana moonlight man when I need him to hit the $250 mark for a 10% discount.


Lunch:
Did u know that Hope Singapore helps their people readily access physical food by giving discounts at food court stalls in the vicinity? Though "Pig's organ soup" doesn't sound too healthy, remember what God mentioned about swine in Leviticus11:7-8?

Hmmm perhaps we should get Sue lyn to look into getting discounts at Sussex St food court, Shalom and Dixon food court... Keke

Reina, Junhui and I went a hunting for "healthy" food .. So healthy that the neighbourhood bug decided to make an appearance and caused 'fans' to go hysterical..
Inky-doo galantly hid the poor fella under a chili dish to restore peace.

Post Lunch:
Went to happily check out the Hope Bookshop..
Ohhh so that's where Pastor John and Lisa got quite a few of the resources that we're currently using now. TY ( Hope Island Chieftain's wife) showed me that they had a new updated version of the guide that we're using to teach new believers.
Spotted the Hillsongs' "For All You're Done" cd only $19 Singapore dollars as compared with $29.95 Aussie in Sydney. Hmm isn't Hillsong church from Sydney? TY said that it was cos Aussies are more affluent..

Happily got a copy of the "care group workbook" to look through, will discuss it with Mr Froggy beary power of the rabbit when I head back.. Looks like good stuff that would help us grow from good to excellent for the glory of God.

Got another exciting part on the next entry but that would take another page..
Looking back at today, isn't amazing how God has so much for us to experience in each day and what we observe when we stop and marvel at it =)

Duely joyful

No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4