Sunday, November 15, 2009

Roast Pork Loin

Who doesn't love a good roast pork with crispy crackling?

Went to Glenmore Meats on Friday, love Glenmore meats home of bulk sold, affordable good cuts of meat and it was here that I found this lovely rolled pork loin for only $10 bucks.

Menu: Roast Pork Loin + Braised Red Cabbage & Apple + Slow roasted pumpkin & potatoes with sage

Look at that lovely pink flesh

Ready to go into my 220 degree oven, 30mins to crisp then 180 for an hour to cook
After an hour of slow roast, the pumpkin has caramelised and Dave loved it so much he scraped up all bits off the foil.. I can't believe we finished ALL the pumpkin.
Deglazed my roasting dish and squished all the roasted veges for all the "juice" to make gravy


Dinner!
Verdict: Dave says I still need to work on the plating.
I need to try next time with pork belly...
Loin is too lean so it ended up a bit dry and the skin not quite as crisp..

2 comments:

Missus D said...

I don't eat pork, but your pictures are lovely! Great work!

Kaidy said...

Thanks Kat... I need to practice plating and food photography! We have a new Panasonic Lumix which is semi pro

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4