Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Brownie Cake

Celebrating a friend's birthday tonight and as usual I've been assigned cake duties.
So I've decided to bake a brownie birthday cake, recipe courtesy of an awesome birthday gift, a year's subscription to Delicious magazine, and in my 2nd copy featured a brownie recipe by Ben O Donaghue.

Man this recipe is decadent: used 2 big blocks of good quality dark choc, almost 2 blocks of unsalted butter and 5 eggs... Best part was that it was my first time using vanilla from real vanilla pods instead of the usual rubbish essence, boy did it make a difference!

And playing with icing a bit using this easy kids icing tube set I made my birthday brownie slice cake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool birthday gift
http://www.photoartomation.com

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4