Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Balcony herb garden

Ok ... now that work is quiet and I'm getting home early these days and have NO more weddings to organise I'm damn free..

And since getting married, I've "upgraded" what I present before my husband for dinner each night.

This "upgrade" has resulted in the inclusion of more "exotic" and expensive ingredients, most of which I want to give a shot at cooking.
In addition, my favourite chef Mr Jamie Oliver has this insane love of using numerous herbs in his cooking and to my delight thoroughly enjoyed as well.

So instead of spending a freaking $1.79 per bunch of thyme/sage/rosemary or $3.99 per bunch of basil/oregano I'm going to grow my own. If they die I know I suck, if they survive I save a lot of money and cook better.

List of herbs I will start with
1. Thyme
2. Sage

Already have:
1. Basil
2. Oregano

To aim for:
1. Chives
2. Chilli (its like $3.99 per pack of chilli padis that Mum gets from wet market at 30 cents!!!)
3. Cherry tomatoes (ok I know not herb)

Wish me luck

No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4