Thursday, November 12, 2009

Anyhow Quiche

Looking at my sidebar of posts, I realised that I've been terribly lazy or just busy with wedding preps to blog... now I'm so "eng" and having newly acquired a really nice Lumix I'm going to blog more... and of course about food, and trying to grow food... This is what I did on Wednesday, tried to bake a quiche before going out for a marriage reunion dinner hosted by my reception place.

Kai's anyhow quiche (followed the recipe for basic quiche ingredients then added my own choice of filling i.e whatever was in the fridge)

1. Bake shortcrust pastry for 10mins, line with baking paper and rice
2. Remove baking paper & rice and bake for further 7mins.

Oh yes did I forget, preheat oven to 220C
3. While the crust is baking
4. I wanted my quiche more eggy so I added 5 eggs instead of the 2 haha ok lah becoming a fritata
5. Mix 1/2 cup cream + 1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup grated cheddar + 1/4 cup grated parmesan, was tempted to add the brie too but it was too soft to grate
6. Mix them all together with the egg
7. Chop up some cherry tomatoes and ham, drain corn kernels
8. Cook some red onions over low heat with butter in a saucepan on low heat til soft, then cool.
9. When pastry is done, cool.
10. Scatter the dry ingredients on pastry
11. Add all the wet stuff
12. Bake for 35mins on 160C

Ok at this point, I changed and rushed out of the house, very relieved to come home to find it perfectly done! Yay.. lunch for tomorrow.

No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4