Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Every stripe


After a time a difficulty and struggling with the questions of " What else could we have done?" and heartache. I marvelled at the extent of heartache I actually felt... Intellectually I knew how to react and what to do, spiritually I've learnt more on my knees before the Lord than ever before but emotionally I was caught off guard.

As I surrendered the situation to Him last wednesday I had my own God encounter in my room as He personally tutored me in His word, lessons from 2 Samuel when King David was driven out of Jerusalem by his own son Absalom. When fleeing King David met 2 men, one was Ziba the servant of Mephibosheth(Jonathan's son, grandson of King Saul) and the other Shimei. Ziba slandered his master Mephibosheth claiming that he had betrayed David by wishing his reign came to an end because of Saul. King David was so distraught at that time that he did not question it but gave Ziba all that belonged to Mephibosheth.

Later on King David came across a man names Shimei, who cursed King David and his people. Instead of putting the man to death he was overwhelmed by the betrayal by his son that he just ignored it and allowed the man to continue.

The story continues later with King David returned to Jerusalem after Absalom had been murdered by Joab. This time Mephibosheth who had remained loyal to King David by not having cleaned or shaved came to meet him on his return. King David then questioned him why he had not followed him, Mephibosheth then pleads his cause that he as a lame man could not have gone but sent his servant in his stead. Unfortunately, that servant had betrayed him by slandering him before the king. By that time, King David could not take back his words, neither did he know who to believe but asked that they just spilt the land.

He later encountered the man Shimei who had previously cursed him, who pleaded for his life before King David. As it was a celebratory day, he was spared but later on we read that King David ordered Solomon to execute him to prevent further trouble.

What the Lord imparted to me as I read: in emotional distraught, people may come to you with all kinds of stories, find out both sides of the story before u make a judgement if not it will be hard to take back your words. Also, don't be bothered with what others may say against you for the Lord will restore whom He has anointed, He will vindicate you. Lastly, stamp out gossip or slander, don't let it cause disunity or instability.

Woah.. what He taught me over the week, incredible..
Its funny ay? that in the difficult times, when you're the weakest..
His presence I felt closer than ever before, His strength suddenly incredible...

And yet despite the word that was imparted it was the vision of a nail-pierced hand and the heartache that taught me the most. What I had felt was only a tiny portion of how the Lord feels each time someone rejects Him, each time we choose to wilfully sin against Him... I found myself repenting, desiring more to live a life obedient to Him..

" He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one , to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all" - Isaiah 53:5-6

No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4