Monday, August 08, 2005

Tests and The Lord's promises

Looks like its going to be blogging weekly..
Life in Sydney is busy to the max...work, sheep, caregroup, worship team.. and now TAX claim.. got to figure out how to do it..

I've had an amazing week of doing stuff:
Mon: meet my co-CGL for caregroup discussion then met my unit leader to catch up
Tues: Met up with my colleague for jogging then called the new girls from Hope Singapore to find out how they're going
Wed: Intercession in the morning, met up with my sheep Fiona and then later Jane for shepherding and then surprise Jane for her birthday
Thurs: Clinic catch up with the girls over dinner
Fri: Caregroup. Caught up with crazy michelle who jumped on my bed and unfortunately hit her funny bone. Night brought Jane around to "surprise" Rindy and Mike
Saturday: Intercession. Arvo shepherding with Jasmine, we had so much to catch up on we only finished at 5pm! Then met Jiling for shepherding then cooked dinner for her and spent the night watching Mrs Doubtfire for the 1000th time (thought I still laugh at the funny bits) and ironing my clothes.
Sunday: Playing keyboard with my "new team" the 3 Rhodes boys.. ARGH!!! ok lah .. they're quite cute so its ok.. Came back exhausted.

You know the funny thing is..
In the midst of doing these things for the Lord in view of
Romans 12:1 " offered your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. "

I wish to say that I love shepherding, caregroup and playing for praise and worship.. that the week that my Unit leader encouraged me to stand firm and to pass the tests to honour my promise to the Lord, these tests suddenly present themselves to me again over the course of this week, I never felt so tempted so weak...

Therefore I want to praise the Lord for His faithfulness.
He strengthened me in His word:

May Your unfailing Love come to me, O lord, your salvation according to your promise, then I will answer the one who taunts me, for I trust in Your word" - Psalm 119:41-42

Take that devil! For everyone of God's promises are Yes and AMeN!
Haha I swiped the devil with the sword of the spirit, the double-edged sword, the weapon of our warfare i.e the word of God.

Thursday : A rainbow

Sign of God's covenant.. His promise... Thank You Jesus..



No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4