Friday, November 02, 2007

Walk across the Room


Mr Broc and our Glebe park walk on Wednesday
Read chapter 2 of our new book

"Just walk across the room" by Bill Hybels about Christ-followers pointing people to faith.

We loved the way Bill Hybels writes about sharing life with people, the sincerity of caring and loving someone that does not always have to end with a check next to the "lead to pray the sinners prayer" though ultimately we hope to see them on the heaven side of things. Its really liberating and hence a lot more natural to talk and share without the nagging thought to have to share the 4 spiritual laws... The objective is no longer to contrive ways to get someone saved...But to work in cooperation with the Spirit of God to act, speak, listen, love and serve to point someone to God.

Mr Broc and I read this prayer and we prayed it together.

"My life is in your hands, God. Use me to point someone toward you today- I promise to cooperate in anyway I can. If you want me to say a word for you today, I'll do that. IF you want me to keep quiet but demonstrate love and servanthood, by your Spirit's power I will. I'm fully available to you today, so guide me by your Spirit."

No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4