Monday, November 05, 2007

Bavarian Bier Cafe

Every girl needs a foodie friend.. Mine Sue lyn, known dearly to me as little Stick.

Today we have another Monday lunch date, forsaking the "Let's do lunch", unimpressed by the choices of the October good food month special of $35 lunches at select restaurants.

We make our selection. The Bavarian Bier Cafe on York St in the CBD.

Lil'Stick and I arrive there famished at 2pm...

Our orders and gluttonous faces

First up, we both order a bier, $6.70 each for a 300mL bier. Lil Stick went for mango bier, me limonata... both yummy.. and not too sweet. We were glad we didn't go for the ladies bier which came in flavours of lychee, pineapple and raspberry.
Lunches: For $24.50 , Lil stick got a big veal snitzel drowning in mushrooms and sauce with mash and rocket salad. I went for my German colleagues recommendation, veal strips cooked in white wine and mushroom sauce with potato rosti.Definitely not disappointed.. the rosti was nice and crunchy unlike the huge soggy mound you usually get like in Una's or back home a Marche restaurant.. I was wondering why they gave me a spoon til I saw the amount of sauce the veal was swimming in.. there was enough meat in there to feed 3 of me I think.. I had to ask Lil' stick to help me finish them..


Last but not least the apple strudel.. Fiona told me I had to get them... The filo pastry was surprisingly crunchy and we were delighted to find slivers of almonds under them though we both would have preferred ice-cream instead of the whipped cream that it came with..

7pm and I was still full...

Next place.. we've decided Spice I am.. Yes every girl needs a foodie friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we both look so gluttony and greedy! and rightly so!

Kaidy said...

Nothing but the truth! hehe and proudly so!

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4