Monday, June 25, 2007

4 new babies!

Definitely worth celebrating..

Yesterday we rejoiced in our church with 3 souls coming forward to receive Christ, Colin who had been attending our church for a couple of months, Jun a newcomer brought by Dina my housemate and Simpson a Korean guy one of the leaders met while playing basketball Saturday afternoon.

What truly amazed me is the message I received at 6+pm last evening.. MY BUDDY and one of my best GAL friends, fellow dietitian, ex-Sydney housemate Verny received Christ!!

" Kai, I said the sinners' prayer this morning at Wesley. Felt rite and ready to make the commitment"

WOW... so excited I called her immediately.. Was really amazed to hear her share her journey, to know that she had been reading the Bible/Christian books before bed, almost akin to doing quiet time even before she received Christ...Even to the point of dreaming that she prayed the sinners' prayer the night before her decision! God is good !
This proves my conviction again! if anyone is reading the Bible sincerely seeking for God.. no doubt that they will come to know Jesus! Hallelujah, praise God, this post is specially dedicated to you Verny!

How's you've read so many Christian books its amazing.. I used to wonder if buying all those Christian books were "too much" hehe but you've read all of them.. Max Lucado's "A love worth giving" and a book about the cross, Time Lahaye's personality book, Joshua Harris' "Boy meets girl" ,and yes currently revisiting Rick Warren's "Purpose driven life"

Thank you for your testimony, God knows all things, that I had been feeling a little discouraged and weary recently in regards to ministry, both Dave and I and we had just prayed together earlier through

1 Corinthians 15:58 " therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor in not in vain in the Lord"

Thank you for affirming that you were observing and watching how I lead my life, doing quiet time, prepping for P&W, caregroup, shepherding, accumulating mountains of christian books(havent' read all yet.. hehe ) and yes even how Michael(munkey friend from church) and I said grace and served in church. God's timing is always impeccable and the beauty of hindsight as you reread the cards that Michael and I wrote to you about direction, purpose and life just as were exploring again.

Told Dave last night how encouraged I was to know that yes, though you think no one is watching or what you do doesn't matter, that it doesn't make a difference. The truth of it is that it does, and what we DO as a Christian speaks a lot louder than what we simply say.

I'm so exhilirated by your decision Verny! Its the best one you have made...I'm already so amazed at the amount you have read even exploring the "meat" of the bible of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, beyond the easier "milk" of learning from the word of God! Truly draw near to Him and He will draw near to you!

Love you much

No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4