Monday, December 07, 2009

Fish Bee Hoon Soup


Comfort food, just suited for a day when life seems so uncertain and when I miss home, though I was meeting Dad & Mum in a few hours. The weekend came and went so fast and now they are on their way home.

This is how Mum would make it, but I had to dig around for ingredients in my fridge, unfortunately not as plentiful as Mum's. (hers would have prawns, mince meatballs & choy sum). I had to make do with the deep sea perch & eggs.

Its so simple and so delicious. Soup was made from frying some minced garlic and when it nice and brown, splash some water in and cover immediately to "lock in" the smokey scent.
I then added some chinese rice wine and my fish slices to cook, a splash of fish sauce & white pepper.
Then I threw in the softened beehoon. Ladel it all up and garnish with fried omelette, spring onions and chili padi.. yumyum

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Moon, Seems that you are picking cooking skills rapidly. But we did not have the chance to try your cooking while we were in Sydney.

We missed you too and especially this week, when the other 2 girls have deserted us for VN!

Daddy-O

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4