Thursday, July 31, 2008

Climbing the Harbour Bridge

I better update my blog being chased/hounded by one of my best friends in Singapore Verny who just got engaged!

The story of the climbing the harbour bridge:

Once upon a time there was a girl called Kai, she met a boy named David. She called him grass because he was hairy and he called her rabbit because she liked to bite her lower lip especially when she saw something yummy.

One fine Tuesday on the 29th of June 2008:

Dave: "Hey dear, I've thought of what we can do today, I've got a day off work.."

Kai: "What? go somewhere yummy for lunch?"

Dave: "How about we go for a picnic and go rock climbing after that, then we can go to our favourite Jap place Sushiya for dinner?"

Kai: " PICNIC??!! are u crazy, who plans a picnic in winter on a cold drizzly day..."

Dave: "Me??"

Kai: " urrrr, ok.."

Dave: "We'll go to the park near the rock climbing place.."

Kai: " there's no park there, just industrial factories and warehouses, what are you talking about? Aiya never plan properly again!"

Dave: "There's a park there I promise, I checked the map"

Kai: "Don't bluff lah"

Dave: "Trust me, I checked"

Kai: "grumble... let me guess roast chicken from coles, salad and wrap?"

Dave: "... errr how did u know?"

Kai: "I'm smart"

He picked her up at 1pm and off they went... (She wanted to walk home but he said he wanted to be nice and pick her up from work)

Kai: "Eh darling where are u going? this is the wrong way"

Dave: "We need to go to Harris st"

Kai: "what for, its the wrong way to rock climbing"

Dave: "...."

Getting there...

Kai: "Wah... this place is nice, good choice for picnic. Ok lah, even if you have bad direction sense"

Dave excitedly sets the mat up and proceed to make her a nice wrap.
10mins later...

Kai: " Darling... its cooold, can we go somewhere else? Eat in the car? Aiya told you we should have gone to eat in a cafe then go rock climbing"

Dave: !?!?! oh no..

Dave: "How bout I reverse park my car and we sit in the boot to eat?

Kai: " ok lah"Kai: "what's this?"

Dave: "South american roses"
Kai: "must be long time never get me flowers... THANKS dear"

Kai: "Eh how come you have a shirt in your car?Don't need to dress up to go to Sushiya"

Dave: "Oh I left it there after my interview on Monday"

Kai: "oh ok"

After eating...

Kai: "Ok let's go.. where's my monthly-versary present?"

Dave:"Hang on.."

And proceeds to take out a little hand bound book.






At this point, I paused... "Urh... are u supposed to read the last page..." Started to tear... he started to tear too and took the book from my hands... He read the last page

Me: "Are you serious??(x10)

Dave: No just joking... OF course not!

Me: "Argh... Wow" (stunned for very long)

Dave: "so what's your answer"

Me: "Where's my ring?"

Dave: !?!?!

Dave: Yes or not...

Me: YES!

Both laughed and he took out
A little miniature ring on a necklace...
Dave: "Sorry dear, I paid Mum with all my savings for the car. I bought this for you, I'll get you your ring soon ok?

Me: (I could only nod)

And on the last page of the book

So much for rock climbing!! Too bad we couldn't take pictures on the bridge but it was really beautiful. A good hour spent dressing up and 3hours on the Sydney harbour bridge... truly this is a beautiful city. We climbed all the way up to the flag poles and marvelled at the city night and the opera house all lit up..

We had to rush like crazy after that finishing at 8pm, having made a dinner booking for 7:30pm.
Arrived at Aqua Luna close to 9pm but it was a beautiful place and a wonderful dinner. This place was just next to Luna park besides the harbour bridge. (It seemed to the be the theme of the day!) Both of us were so tired though.. it seemed like a dream.



Me: "Did you plan to ask me by the car before the climb or did I ruin it cos I was complaining so much you had to ask me.?"

Dave: "Nope, all in the plan"

Me: "Why not on the bridge"

Dave: "You'd definitely know by then if I did, I had to plan a day that's well planned but not too elaborate if not you'll know. I wanted to surprise you.."

Me: "I'm definitely surprised"

Dave: "Would you have said no if you're not?"

Me: "haha maybe" (I had been practicing saying no in the car to scare him if he couldn't surprise me)

It was a good day. So now I'm engaged!

"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me." - John 14:1

9 comments:

Verny said...

WOW!!!! Indeed a very romantic proposal...very sweet of Dave..excellent job Dave! =) Very happy for both of you....

Vernon said...

That was SOOOO GOSH DARN ROMANTIC!!! Sets a new bar for proposals =). I'm glad I've already been through it and don't have to aspire towards it... hahaha.. Congratulations old friend!

Kaidy said...

Hello my two vernie/verny friends!

hahah verena meet vernon...

I think I have affinities with vernies/vernys.. =0

Hi verny: yep I'm truly romanced.. he's quiet but he's ticking..
Thank you!
Yes vernon as you said guys can be very organised and cunning when they need to be... Will u come to Sydney??? =)

Vernon said...

Heh... if you send the invitation card I will certainly do my utmost to be there =).

Any ideas on when the wedding will be?

Kaidy said...

Hey Vern, that was quick.. Dave and I are sourcing for places for the reception now..

We're aiming for April next year.. hopefully..
Also my trips back home, one in September booking flights this week and both of us will come late December for 2 weeks! I told Dave it'll be nice to make a trip down to KL too so hopefully that happens

Prisca said...

Hey Kai, Congratulations!!!!!!!
So happy for the rabbit & the grass! Very good drawing there too! & beautiful flowers.. =P Hehe. Grass is so sweeeet to rabbit! =) Rabbit & Grass are so blessed!! *Cherish*cherish* =)

Vernon said...

April? Erm... please don't make it the Easter weekend because that's when Gordon is getting married =).

April 11th to be precise. heheh.

Yah... make sure you convince Dave to come to KL for a visit! =)

Unknown said...

Hi Moon,

I just read the blog. You should have told me about it earlier, so that I can read and share your joy.

Indeed very touching and loving chapter.

I am impressed with Dave!

Love you both,
Daddy-O

Tiger said...

wow. Sorry this is a very very late comment. Congrats!!! :) Had to backtrack from all your wedding plans posts :P
so not in S'pore?

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4