Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We've got a date!

Yes we've finally got a date: 28th of March 2009

For all my good friends out there and dear Karola & Pet who "suffered" through my daily updates on wedding planning and date finding, a big THANK YOU !

After many phone calls and anxious waits for Dad and Mum to consult their fengshui master, discussing with Little B about her travel/overseas exchange plans to Switzerland next year. We've decided that yes the 28th of March 2009 is good for Dave and I to get married, and that Little B will fly back for the wedding during her semester break. Just in the nick of time, I had to place in a deposit yesterday afternoon with the place we really wanted for our reception place, as they could only "hold" the date for us for 4 days... So its set! surreal feeling and at the same time you think to yourself "its really happening!". Had to call Dave prior to going in ask him how sure.

Finding the date has been my 2nd storm. The lighthouse "vision" I had had, revealed after further waiting in God's presence meant " no not have a lighthouse weddig" but that there would be storms in the planning but His light will always lead me to safety.

Humbled by this wedding planning process, thinking that when we got engaged, more than a month is plenty time to book in a reception place and a cermony venue.. HAHAHA !! don't underestimate the time you need, finding, searching, calling, whether they have your date available etc etc etc

more to come, pictures once i have time to load them...
Now prepping for the business trip adventure with Uncle John to Singapore & Msia.






8 comments:

Verny said...

Congrats Kai!!! will need to start searching for my flight liao...=)

Kaidy said...

Thanks vern... yes do let me know if you and Paul can make it!
I'll see you in 3 days time~

Unknown said...

the 28th of March is a fabulous day for a wedding... or a birthday! Nudge nudge. Well done!

Kaidy said...

is that your birthday!?!?!?

I've totally underestimated the preparation and organisation required!
how's JO and lil Lachlan?

Prisca said...

Heee!! Definitely a fabulous date!! Hehehe... cos my wedding date was also 28th March! Still so happy for you guys!!!!

Kaidy said...

Hello Pris!!

That's so cool.. hehe we share the same wedding anni then just a year apart?? How's married life been for you?? I'm in Singapore at the moment.. may just catch everyone this Sunday

Merv Kwok said...

woo woo! half a year till your big day! =) congrats kaidy =))

Prisca said...

>Kaidy: Yesyes! we share the same wedding anni date.. heheh. U need any help? Lemme know.. just fire those questions away.. I'll be most glad to help in anyway if i can!

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4