Saturday, May 19, 2007

Light the Fire Again

Light the Fire Again

Brian Doerksen

Don't let my love grow cold
I'm calling out, light the fire again
Don't let my vision die
I'm calling out, light the fire again

You know my heart, my deeds
I'm calling out, light the fire again
I need Your discipline
I'm calling out, light the fire again

I am here to buy gold refined in the fire
Naked and poor, wretched and blind I come
Clothe me in white
So I won't be ashamed
Lord, light the fire again

Truly an oldie but goodie..
Don't know what's going on in my heart tonight but the words of this song resonated in my heart, let it be my prayer God when I want to give up and give in. When I feel like a moment of "what's the point" and am unhappy with how things are going, in leadership, when I feel trapped, obligated, when I do things only because I know are right and because it is expected of me.
WHY?!?! when u feel like " Stuff it, if you don't see the benefit of coming to church or CG don't come, you're the one losing out and GOD does not need your attendance if your heart is elsewhere" and the " GO call that #(*&*(@# person up yourself, I do it every week and it feels like I'm selling insurance" GOD does not need your charity, your obligation. He wants a willind and obedient heart. How bout those who call you to say they are tired cannot come CG, who promised that they want to serve but ends up saying I'm too busy. CRAP. dunno if i'm getting cynical and taking things with a pinch of salt, don't jump for the bait til you see that the action follows the promise.

Lord keep me from doing harm when I am like this, when I am having such a moment.
I need to worship You, in Your presence I discover again why I do what I do, and why I should care and why I should love and serve.
Help me God, keep me sane.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sound familiar, every leader I believe they need to go thru this phase where we could ask ourselves, do we really love HIM and His people so that we are willing even to die for them.

God show us the imperfect site of humanity, let it not become a burden to us but take courage to do it. For His grace is sufficient for ya...

"Above all else, guard your heart" coz it is the wellspring of your life" Prov 4:23

Keep your heart pure before Him for He is in control :) Be glad and rejoice. And Hang it there ^_^

I'm praying for ya...

Wils

idibidi said...

ma. i truly resonate. so many times i vent the same frustration to our God. i think he's really teaching us what it is to lay down our lives for those around us whom he's placed in our midst, he's teaching us that through suffering brings perseverence, perseverence character, character, hope. and hope does not dissapoint.

Kaidy said...

Hey girls

thanks for your prayers and support.
You girls truly know what its like being the same type of situation leadership... rrrrr

Sometimes you wonder, God am I really enough to lead and do what you need me to do. Can I pull through, will I do it? Do I have what it takes?

idibidi said...

completely! without Him, we are nothing. His grace has allowed you to lead. Don't despair, as you follow Him, they will follow Him naturally. May His Spirit help you in your weakness. As you offer yourself, may He honour you with a life to be able to see the fruit of the hard yards, of the toiling and sowing..praying for you ma.

Anonymous said...

^_* We can do all things through Christ who strengthen us and His grace is sufficient for us.

I face the exact situation right now. He teach me to put my hope in Jesus not in man coz they always fail but not with our God.

Everything that we do will never be in vain.
Let continue to fight a good fight of faith. (Wils)

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4