Monday, September 11, 2006

Sanctuary


Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy
Tried and true
With thanksgiving,
I'll be a living sanctuary for you."

" Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10

"Direct my steps by Your word,
And let no inquity have dominion over me. " - Psalm 119:133

"Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; And to him who orders his conduct aright
I will show the salvation of God." - Psalm 50:23

"I lift my eyes to the hills- From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth" - Psalm 121:1


Heard the best version of this song done by Jaci Valesquez... Made me think a lot in reflection of the verses above.

10th Sept Sunday was the first time I've lead praise and worship in church again after a long time last November being diagnosed with vocal nodules and undergoing 6months worth of therapy... Saturday night I was extra short-tempered, impatient, intolerant, restless... in other words going crazy..

1am: I couldn't sleep, had to go worship God alone.

"He who keeps you will not slumber.." - Psalm 112: 4b

Flashback of my past, the sin, the triumphs, the close encounters with God, starting the women's group, prophecies, the baptisms, deliverances, relationships...
He was there through it all, the darkness before the light, the healing before the serving, the loving before the giving, the waiting before the delivering.....

God God God.. I'm desperate for You, I'm lost without You.
Finally KOed to the strains of "Still" by Watermark.

Sunday came and went, the voice held out, the team solid... However I'm still desperate, I'm still greedy for more...

Today I tried to understand You, tried to fathom who You are... shall I try? to fail miserably when I can't seem to obey or live up to be blameless before You...
Yet, to deny Your exsistence or how much you mean to me would be just plain dumb.

You're so real so real its scary sometimes... yet I know my humaness and sin still separates You and me.




No comments:

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4