Saturday, May 20, 2006

Accidental Foodie

I'm Back!!!


The crazed Foodie... more pictures of my gluttony and novice food photography

Feature: Dim Sum or Yum cha in Aussie



A piggy look at my sister with the array of food before her heheh...

Above left: 烧猪肉 on pancake Below right:小笼包









Below: Succulent scallop encased in a crispy taro shell


Favourite local fare with Mum as the model... She's my eating partner in Singapore, I'm often the blame for weight gain everytime I go back to Singapore for a visit. =)

Mum and I at Yishun hawker centre. She had kambing soup with kiam chye be (salted vegetables) and rice.

Me nasi lemak!









Other Hawker favourites!


Duck noodles & duck rice

Personal favourite, bak chor mee..

Laksa!












Hor Fun


A day out with Mum and little B for Japanese food




Look at the Bento box, tempura... Little B looks pretty happy with what she's having...


Mumsy and her soba, I got hungry so I started tasting.. hmm
poor little B..

But nothing beats the home-cooked food that mum makes... shes' the queen, steamed white promfret is my personal favourite.. can't really get that here in Sydney .. I'll really have to search far and wide.



The fantastic spread Mum cooked up. Stir fried vegetables, sambal prawns, steamed promfret, chicken soup and TAU YEW bak. Mmmmmmm






Tau yew bak....









Food glorious food... what am I still doing in Sydney???
Perhaps being away forces the mastery of the skills required to produce such fine cuisine..BUT heeh sorry Little B and lili.. I'm stealing mum for the week..

She's coming this Friday!! Woohoo.. I can't wait..


4 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

Now I'm hungwy =( Haha

Tiger said...

biang. not a good blog to come to at night. makes ppl hungry. haha

Kaidy said...

hehe... sorry guys..

Its my obsession and passion? =)
Occupational hazard..

Guess what? Mr Bear had his first taste of kangaroo meat at my place, wished I could have captured his expression abeit polite.. it was perhaps to "gamey" for him.

Anonymous said...

Kangaroo meat!!! Woooo... I also want to try!!! Is it true it tastes like chicken? :P

Oh, and nice photos of food! More more... :D

About Me

" One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple - Psalm 27:4